Smokestack Pottery Classes
Here’s what you get:
- A 3-hour class each week, for 7 weeks
- An 8th week to complete glazing of final pieces
- Demonstration of a different form each week.
- Access to studio wheels, slab roller, necessary trimming tools, and a diverse range of glazes
- 20 hours’ worth of open-studio time each week, when you are free to create, trim, and glaze at your convenience (closed to students on Saturday evenings only)
- Firing of your work in our Cone 10 gas kiln — making all your pieces safe for dishwashers, microwaves, and ovens
- Opportunities to participate in two student sales each year, where you’ll learn to price and sell your work
Cost: $220 for the 8 week session
What we ask of you:
We have a casual and relaxed atmosphere, and ask only that students respect our space and each other. Students are expected to properly clean and put away items after each use, and prepare the space for the next to arrive.
Classes at Smokestack Pottery are flexible, and you’ll get as much or as little direct instruction as you’d like.
The classes are all levels. It is primarily wheel throwing but we do have a slab roller for people who are interested in hand building. We have a high fire gas kiln and a soda kiln. There is a lot of open studio time for students to come in and work.
New potters tend to follow demonstrations and class structures closely, so they can learn the fundamentals of creating each clay form. They also receive guidance at every step of their work.
More experienced students are welcome to work more independently if they prefer, and are not required to complete any particular type of form during any given class.
Either way, Sue is always readily available to answer questions or provide hands-on assistance. Just ask!
Please call or email Sue with any questions or for more information.